NB 597 - Fremad
NB 597 was built for Bodewes Shipyards for their own risk (under the name G&H Bodewes 3). Eventually the vessel was sold on 3 December 1915 to a Danish owner and she was named Fremad. In December 1964 she was sold to Mr. J. Hastrup. From 1964 until 1978 the vessel was not maintained which resulted in a bad condition of the vessel. In 1978 Mr. J. Mos discovered the vessel and brought her to Ekhuizen, The Netherlands. In 1979 she was sold to Mr. G.C. Boekweit en renamed Hercules. It took five years to restore the vessel. On the 21st of January 1985 she is part of the Stichting Calorische Werktuigen, Schiedam in The Netherlands.
« BACK TO GALLERY