The Annechiena Siberdina was built in 1895 at the Gebroeders Verstockt shipyards for the family Kruize in Stadskanaal. In her first years she was most probably on a trade sailing to and from Denmark. After this, she sailed on the Wadden Sea and on the Southsea. Up to the end of the fifties she served as a cargo ship under sail, without an engine. In the 1960s the ship was taken out of service. In 1986 the Dragt family purchased the barge and renamed her “Res Nova”. She was fitted with an engine, after which she was used in the charter business. In 2005 the “Res Nova” was purchased by the Van Nieuwland family.