The tugboat Margriet was built at the Gebr. G. & H. Bodewes yard in Martenshoek, the Netherlands. The keel laying of the tug was in October 1942. Two years later, in December 1944, it was launched. The dimensions of this tug were 24,85 x 7,30 x 3,85 meters and it was able to displace around 200 tons of water. It was equipped with a main engine of the brand Klöckner-Humboldt-Deutz of 650 HP. The tug was initially built for the Kriegsmarine, but it was never used by the German occupier, simply because the war ended. Margriet was
transferred to the Indonesian Navy as GAJAH TD XI in 1950 and renamed as ARU in 1953. The tug was finally discharged in 1978.